State Aid Programs
The Indiana Division of Student Financial Aid (SFA), previously known as the State Student Assistance Commission of Indiana (SSACI), administers student aid grants, providing funds through the Freedom of Choice and 21st Century Scholars programs, among many others. Indiana Tech awards funds from both programs to qualifying students.
In order to qualify for one of these grants, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Indiana resident by December 31 the year prior to applying
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be a high school graduate or hold a GED
- Attend—or plan to attend—an eligible college or university
- Be—or plan to be—enrolled as a full-time student (defined as 12 credits per semester)
- Have a completed FAFSA on file by March 10 of the academic year preceding the year you plan to enroll
Both Freedom of Choice and 21st Century Scholars programs have additional requirements that must be met in order to receive these awards.